Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our first Easter celebration was at my Grandma's house. Growing up, my grandparents always had fun Easter get-togethers. It was a good excuse for the extended family to get together again. So, my grandma and a few others hid a bunch of eggs and fed us all lunch. We all had a great time. I am so thankful for the memories and love that my grandparents have given me.






Easter at my parents home.

My parents usually have the kids hunt for eggs. But, because of the rain this year, they put together Easter sacks and toys for each of the grand kids. They fed us all dinner and we played games. Thanks Mom & Dad for the fun and memories!




Sunday morning the kids found what the Easter Bunny left them. It was funny, Kayla and Chad walked right to it...you would have thought they saw where the Easter Bunny hid their baskets...but they didn't, they were sound asleep. It took Brayden a little longer to find his.



The best part of Easter was this whole week. Every night, beginning with the Sunday before Easter, I hid an egg for the kids to find. In that egg it told us what we would do that evening to remember the true meaning of Easter. For instance, one night for dinner we ate the kind of foods that they would have had back then, and talked about the "Last Supper". The whole family loved it!

5 comments:

Tai Christensen said...

I love that Kayla is wearing the nightgown that Lorraine got them for Christmas. My girls love theirs and sleep in them all the time. Cute Picutres!!! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun!

erika said...

Hey I have a question for you? The picture of the eggs that were at your mom's house are the to eat?If so how did she make them?
I can't believe how big your kids are getting!
I love doing Easter with the kids.Guess what? I am going to visit Jannan in Calfornia this summer.

Jennettehogan said...

what ag reat idea- to hide an egg each night before Easter! What a great way to teach the children about Easter. I am going to have to steal that idea from you!

Kimberly said...

That is a great idea to teach the kids the true meaning of Easter. (christmas and easter are holidays that the kids forget the REAL meaning for them). Looks like a great weekend!!

katierasmussen said...

You are such a good mom! You mix the fun part of easter & the real maning of easter together! How cute is Kayla in that night gown!!!! Wish we could have been there!