Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today was my birthday. I wasn't going to post it, but my family is the best and I wanted to share how they made my day special.
This morning I was given happy birthday hugs by my husband and kids. Chad and Brayden sang happy birthday to me, several times today.
The morning was nothing out of the ordinary until I had a knock at my door. Wondering whether to answer my door with my hair half done up in curlers, I looked out the peep hole and saw someone standing holding some flowers. It was Jeremy. He had made arrangements with work to be late, so that he could surprise me with flowers. And that he did (surprise me).
MaKayla was full of hugs and kisses all day long. She likes to pretend she is whispering about an inch away from my face....she is so cute I could kiss her to death.
My Dad & Mom, Sister, and three brothers all called me and wished me a happy b-day. My fourth brother who is on his mission even sent me an e-mail and said some things that made my day.

My parents invited us over for dinner. The picture doesn't do it justice...but my mom had a yummy ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, squash (that was to die for) and homemade rolls (that were to die for). It was topped off with a berry pie and ice cream. They each gave me gifts and it was a great evening. I also had other family members call and e-mail me.

Jeremy and I celebrated my birthday last week. He had the day off, and so we went up to one of our favorite places to eat. It is called "The Roof". We had a perfect view of the temple. It wasn't crowded, and the food was divine. For those that don't know, it is an all you can eat buffet. We have been enough times that we know exactly what we want to fill ourselves with. For me: A Gazillion shrimp with lemon squeezed all over them...salmon with their yummy dill sauce...smoked Gouda cheese...then I move on to there entrees...(which is different every time we go)...then comes dessert....creme brule' and chocolate custard are my favorite...(they have at least 30 desserts to choose from)...and did I mention they bring you a hot yummy role with honey butter anytime you want.

This causes me to to think of some things I am thankful for. My list could go on and on, but don't worry, I will only name a few....ok, several...
I am so thankful for my family! I am thankful for my husband and all that he does to support and love our family. I am thankful for my kids. I couldn't have dreamed up better kids. I am thankful for both of our extended families. I am thankful I have a home, and I live in this great country. I am thankful I live in such a great neighborhood, and that my kids have good friends. I am thankful for my families good health. I feel blessed that I was raised with the knowledge of who I am and why I'm here and what I need to do to return to live with Heavenly Father again....and I hope to teach my children the same. Life is good! Thanks for being my friend, and reading my blog!
<

7 comments:

LieslPie said...

Happy bday!!!!!!

LieslPie said...

I LOVE your family picture sooooo much. you all look so cute.

Kira said...

happy birthday to you! sounds like you had the best day. it's truly the people around us that make our lives so special!

katierasmussen said...

Ahhhh. Sounds like such a great birthday!!! From the flowers, to the dinner with family, it sounds so perfect and you deserve it! I told Dallas to tell you happy birthday for me, but knowing him he forgot, so Happy Birthday!!! You are a great sister-in-law and I love you a bunch!

We can do hard things! said...

That is so nice that your mom made dinner for you! Sorry I missed the birthday well-wishing! We have all been really sick...for two weeks now! sheesh! Can you believe how old we are getting? We will be 40 before we know it! :)

erika said...

Best wishes!

Kimberly said...

Happy be-lated birthday. Sounds like it was a good one. I have never been to the Roof, but I want to.

Email me your email address so I can invite you to read my blog. my email is: rawlyn1@juno.com