Thursday, January 29, 2009

How clean is your kitchen floor???

Before you look at these pictures and think, wow, has RaNae ever cleaned her floor before....those are so dirty, that is disgusting...does she ever clean???

The answer is yes, I do clean! In fact, it really bugs me that I can't get my kitchen floor clean. We all take our shoes off before we come in.....

I hate the fact that I scrub my floor and then I walk on it with my white socks and my socks get dirty.


So, I recently bought a steam cleaner (Shark)at Costco. (If you are going to get one, get it at Costco and not Target. Costco's comes with 5 washable pads...Target comes with 2 washable pads.)

Time for the test..............(This all happened together, it was not spread out over many days)

-I mopped my floor with my regular mop 4 times.
---(washed twice, rinsed twice)---
-Then I whipped out my new steam cleaner.
---(used each rag on my whole kitchen floor, so I went over it 5 times)---

Do the math.....I mopped my floor 9 times.

As you can see, the rags got a little cleaner, but not as much as you'd think.

Jeremy kept saying, "RaNae, you can't mop the floor all day long."

I really wanted to find out if I could truly get it super clean.

Obviously I didn't.

I paid for it in the morning, my arms and neck were so sore from mopping. In fact, I was sore for several days.

Am I glad I have my steam cleaner?... Yes.

Whats it gonna take for me to get my floor super clean????

Your guess is as good as mine........







9 comments:

erika said...

Don't worry! I am the same with my floor. When I mop I don't let anyone walk on it.So I try to do it when they are asleep or gone.Plus we also take our shoes off too.
And I dont like people walking on floors when I just vacumm.
Yes! I am a clean freak!

Jennettehogan said...

I got the Shark for Christmas - I LOVE IT!!!
It seems my floors are never clean - and I Mop all the time Plus - we also take our shoes off when we come in the house.
It must be the kids......

Kimberly said...

How crazy that the floors where like that. You wouldn't think our floors are that dirty when you don't wear shoes in the house. Somehow it gets dirty. I think I need to invest in the Shark!!

Kira said...

trust me I'm sure my floor is worse. I just can't tell cuz my floor is naturally brown :) it makes me happy cuz I can't see the dirt! I can't stand dirty floor either so i feel for ya! I need to check out the Shark, I've never heard of it...

We can do hard things! said...

oh man! That is crazy!!! Maybe its the linoleum? Weird...

katierasmussen said...

Oh dear I don't even want to know how dirty mine are then!!! You are always moping your floors! Um me I've mopped twice since we moved here. I think I'll put that on my to-do list tomorrow!

Ginia said...

And then you will probably do it all over again in a week, huh?

Jen and Eric said...

I hate to think of how many pads I would go through to get my floor clean. The grout on my tile is the worst! I should buy me a Shark next time I am up there if they still have them.

Jen and Eric said...

Hey, I just tried changing my background. I couldn't get it to work until I had deleted/removed the gadgets that had the code for my old background. Have you tried that?