Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

3rd GRADE!!!There was excitement in the air this morning.  Brayden was grinning from ear to ear.  He didn't want summer to end any more then I did.  He was grinning because he was now able to wear his new clothes and SHOES!!!  Finally, after weeks of me telling him that he has to save them for school, he was now able wear them.  As time drew closer that morning, I noticed Brayden was trembling.  I asked him if he was nervous...he said he was just cold (ya, right).  I told him that we would have family prayer in a minute and that would help calm him down.  Well, between not having paper work filled out and back-pack not ready...and not to mention we might miss the bus...morning family prayer time came and went and we all forgot.  We drove Brayden to the bus stop, the bus was a little early and already there, and then my cute Brayden (I think still trembling) said, "Mom, we forgot prayer".  I wish I would have remembered...My heart sunk, but I was happy to know that he has learned Heavenly Father will always be there to help us. ~Wow, that brings tears to my eyes every time I think of how cute that was.~We came back to the house and fed MaKayla breakfast.  She had toast and a yogurt.  This is the mess I had to clean up...It's called take it all off and stick her in the tub.After school was done, we all looked out the window waiting for Brayden to come home.There were hugs and kisses, and of course, it is tradition that I make him his choice of cookies on the first day of school. He sat down and said, "Mom, 3rd grade was good and stuff, but I sure am glad to be home."What mom doesn't want to hear that!A while later, I was on the phone...I came down stairs and I saw all the toys out of the toy box scattered all over. I thought to my self, (oh great, look at the mess I have to clean up)...then Chad looks up at me and said, "Mom, I am cleaning this for you...sure enough, he had pulled it all out to organize it and put it away.I made my way into the kitchen and saw this, Brayden doing the dishes. He unloaded the dishwasher and put the dirty ones in it. I was shocked, this has never happened before. So thanks boys for making my day! This was such a miracle, I had to blog it.

6 comments:

Tai Christensen said...

I cant believe what great helpers you have for boys!!! How lucky! Brayden is growing up so fast, the 3rd grade is a very big deal! He is so sweet and he looks very handsome in his new school clothes!

erika said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

We can do hard things! said...

Look at how many teeth she has...Jessee has about half that amount. Is she talking yet? Jess just really doesnt have to cuz the kids do it for her. It will be interesting to see how she changes when school starts.

katierasmussen said...

Brayden is the sweetest! I bet all the girls at school have crushes on him!! You are so up-dated on your blog!! And I like the new look!

Kimberly said...

You have some great helpers. They could teach my kids a thing or two. Whitney starts Kindergarten tomorrow---crazy!!

erika said...

Please send me your email address.Here is my erikacampbell2@gmail.com