Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2008 WARD CAMPOUT



I am a tad bit late getting these pictures posted....better late then never, right?

Before we got to camp, we stopped off and had lunch with some friends in the ward. Chad wanted to wear his pirate eye patch he got in his kids meal. We kept telling him that it just goes over one eye....but he thought it should look like this:



It is a lot of work to go camping...for one night...but look at the fun memories we made:
Jeremy was pretending to be the Statue of Liberty...or maybe singing "The Hills are Alive"....not sure.


I don't remember the last time my kids were this diry...memories.



Here's looking up your nostrills...memories.




The men cutting wood and building fire's....memories.




Love is in the air......memories.








Before and after pictures of MaKayla just saw a ghost....memories




Jeremy's dutch oven peach cobbler...memories



Hanging out around the campfire...and when Chadders is tired he'll sleep anywhere memories...





This is a cute picture....memory.


Canoe rides and races (fyi...Jeremy and the Bishop lost..I guess that is what they get for "accidently" knocking the other guys into the water....memories.














You just thought my kids were dirty....
On our way home we stopped off to get some shakes. We let them sit in our front yard and eat them...(there was no way I was going to let them come in my house with all that dirt).
They were enjoyed by all...especially Kayla. I think she liked spreading it all over herself more than eating it.
There was only one way to solve the "dirty" problem....
Jeremy squirted them off with a hose in the front yard. They had fun, and they were actually pretty clean by the time they made it into their bath.













Phew....I'm glad I'm done with that post...it took for ever.
Ta Ta for now..

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I thought Jeremy was being the angel Moroni...

Love the pictures...HATED that dirty dirt!

katierasmussen said...

How fun! I wish our ward would do that! Fun pics. I love that Jeremy was sprayin Kayla down with a hose!!

erika said...

all that work paid off!

Tai Christensen said...

What a great post! The kids looked like they had a GREAT time! And I dont blame you for hosing them down before they came in the house :-)