Monday, September 29, 2008

Rasmussen Family Reunion

My Dad's side of the family had a reunion this past weekend. We now have 100 members. My Grandma & Grandpa had six children 4 boys and 2 girls. We used to get together almost weekly. My Grandpa, Dad, and his brothers would get together and practice singing. They were amazing! They sang at many firesides, weddings, and funerals. They even sang for "Margeret Hulahan...she was the nurse on MASH", for her birthday. Because of this, all of us as cousins became close, and to this day are still good friends. My Grandpa died about two years ago, but the legacy he and my grandma left, is something to be proud of.




This is Chad kicking the ball....there is nothing "wow" about posting this, other than I think I took this picture with perfect timing...hee..hee.


If you can't tell we did three legged races! In this race, Brayden and Morgan were in the lead.


This is my Dad and my Grandma.



This is my mom and my sister.



The next three pictures are of my brothers and there families.

(He is single)









We had a program of a guitar player, and a bunch of lip-sync groups. Those that did the lip-sync dressed up. It was a lot of fun, and full of laughs.










Yes, the streaker is Jeremy! The old time song that he and my brothers did talked about a streaker....so, he ran on stage, everyone laughed, and he ran off just as fast.

7 comments:

Eliza said...

So is your single brother dating anyone? :) I might have a single sister or something.

Maria said...

I had hoped that nobody caught a picture of us...!

Camp Chris said...

Ranae your blog is so cute....I can't get over how big the kids are!!! We hope to see you all soon!!!

Tai Christensen said...

That picture of Jeremy being the streaker is sooo funny! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

Kimberly said...

You have to love family reunion and the crazy things people do! Your brother(the picture with him, his wife and daughter, by the Rassmussen sign. . .does he live around here? He looks so familiar to me.) Tell Jeremy to not go streaking around our neighborhood. . . ha ha!

ranae said...

Kim,
They used to be in our ward before the last split...thats why they look familiar.

erika said...

Family are the best!