Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Broccoli or Hot Dogs??

About two weeks ago we had hot dogs for dinner. Brayden had it in his head that he was not in the mood for it and wanted something else. I told him he couldn't just have chips for dinner. I also knew that 10 minutes after dinner he would complain that he is hungry. Knowing this, I told him he had two options....
1- He could eat the hot dog
or
2- I could cook up some steamed broccoli

Me -thinking he would for sure eat the hot dog...and that would be the end of "Mom, I'm hungry...what can I eat".

Nope- he picked the broccoli and ate half a plate full.

Go figure......

3 comments:

erika said...

You never know?

katierasmussen said...

Don't you love how unpredictable kids are. He made the right choice...hot dogs are nasty:)

Kimberly said...

My kids love brocolli!! It is funny that a kid would choose a vegtable over a hot dog, but hey. . . .that is great! Not enought parents make their kids eat fruits and veggies. (my kids have to have some at every meal if they want any treats later!)