Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Enjoying the Outdoors

Last weekend we went up the canyon to have a weenie roast.
I was prepared with coats and hats because I thought we would freeze.
The weather couldn't have been more perfect! My grandma, parents, brothers, sister, and nephews all came up and we had a great time. It was relaxing and the kids went on many adventures. The hot dogs were awesome, my mom made homemade potato salad, I made the baked beans, chips, dessert, drinks. Yum, yum.
The biggest adventure of all was Chad. Someone caught him doing this behind a tree...





This is grandpa (my dad) who is helping the kids find fossils in the rocks. He also took all the grand kids on a hike and played with them all day. He is such a great "hands on" grandpa and I love him and my mom for that!


The kids loved climbing on all the big rocks.




Our wood chopper...he thought he was pretty cool!




This is a picture of my sweet grandma...I was so happy she was able to come.



Cousins holding hands...so cute!


Dallas & Katie & Addy we missed having you with us! And Gary (who is on his mission) we missed you too!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, the joys of little boys. A least he wasn't peeing off the front porch like I've caught mine doing at least once.

We just love Chad!

erika said...

Boys will be boys.

katierasmussen said...

Oh how fun. Things like that really make me homesick. I can't believe how old kayla is looking and her hair is getting so long! I have been wanting to call you & every time I think about it it's too late now that we have the 4 hour time difference! I'll call soon so we can catch us. We miss & love you guys!