Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rasmussen Family Trip To Park City

My family loves to get together! It says a lot when a family "wants" to be together. I grew up with two large extended families. My Dad's parents had 6 children and my Mom's parents had 9 children. I have close to 40 cousins on "each" side. We were lucky that most of us lived in Utah, therefore, it was possible for us to get together often. We have great traditions, and many, many great memories.
Because of the great family memories we have, my parents, brothers, and sister all want the same for our families.
I am fortunate that my family all live close by, and therefore we can get together often. So, hears to my family and our annual Park City Vacation...

The first morning was spent at the pool.
This is a picture of my dad who's pants are all wet because he just got done saving his grandson's life in the pool.

It is amazing how fast it can happen....My nephew Landon was holding grandpa's hand while stepping down the steps into the 2 ft. pool. He let go of grandpas hand, lost his footing and went under. In a split second he was laying face down in the pool. Thank goodness grandpa saw it all and jumped in to save him. My nephew was fine, other than being a little scared.

The ironic thing is this happened to Chad, in the same pool 2 years ago. Thank goodness for Chad, grandma was there to save him.
Moral of the story....it can happen fast...so be careful!

No comments: