Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Spudman" Triathalon or "Studman" Triathalon

Jeremy completed his first triathalon. It was in Burly, Idaho. I am proud of him...he did AWESOME!!! Out of 2000 people, he placed 66th. He was 19th in his age division. He swam 1 mile, biked 25 miles, and ran a 10k. Total time: 2hrs. 11min.

My parents watched our kids. Thank you Mom & Dad for watching them! We had to sleep in a tent and use latrene's...(and doing that with three young children, especially when the latrene's were a long walk away, would not have been enjoyable).

Like I said we had to sleep in a tent, that is because all the hotels have been booked for many months. It could have been worse....I thought we would have to sleep in a field full of mice; but we were able to sleep on a golf course. Not too shabby!

The race started at 7:00am.
Next is a picture of Jeremy in his wet suit right before the swim. They had to wear a bright hat to be seen in the water.



Next is a picture of the snake river that they swam in...it is huge and a little overwelming if your not used to swimming in open water.



This is them waiting for the gun to go off...



And there off......



Doesn't he look great...he is the one right in the middle...can't you see him???



Next was the bike ride....they were coming so fast that I didn't even see Jeremy. He saw me and yelled my name and this was the best picture I could get!



Last but not least was the run. He did awesome in this event. He kept passing people the entire route.
He is the one in the white top.







What a Stud!!!

There was something sad that happened during the race. A gentleman from Provo who was 60 years old, died during the swim. He wasn't in the water very long. From what I here he was in exellent shape. The divers went in to find him about 10 seconds after he went under, but were unable to find him until 30 min. later, due to the murcy water from all of the swimmers. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. It is something I saw, and will be hard for the both of us to forget.

6 comments:

Springer Splatter said...

WOW!!! Dan made me watch one on tv this past weekend and I keep thinking to myself, what makes a person WANT to go through that!?!?
Way to go!

katierasmussen said...

That is soooo awesome. Jeremy has to be so proud! That's pretty impressive especially for his first time! Tell him congrats!!

Jeremy said...

That's impressive... I'm refering, of course, to you using an outhouse. Good Work, ReNae!


(Oh, and nice job on the triathlon Jeremy)

erika said...

That is so amazing!!I told Rory about Jeremy doing it.He said I am not shock that's sounds like something he would do.How fun!

Eliza said...

Ditto to everyone else. AND way to go RaNae!

If anyone is interested, I am going to make up a triathlon course in our neighborhood. It will only take you about 10-15 minutes TOPS to complete. Let me know if any of you are interested. I think I have the stamina for something like that.

Maria said...

WOW! that's amazing! I could never do that! WAY to go Jeremy!!!